1. What we collect
We gather information about you in a range of ways.
Personal Information. We may from time to time ask you for Personal Information, and we may collect certain information from your device each time you visit our site. We may also receive Personal Information from third parties with whom we have a business relationship. Such Personal Information may be added to existing information we gather on this site and or the app and such Personal Information will not violate any existing privacy or terms between you and the third parties or this policy as amended.
“Personal Information” is defined as personally identifiable information and includes, but is not limited to, name; address; e-mail address; SMS or text message address; phone number; credit card and other payment information; information regarding your academic and extracurricular activities and interests that may identify you; and other information that may identify you as an individual or allow online contact with you.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer because it can help us identify potential technical issues as they arise. For example, when visiting our app, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the web app you viewed before browsing to our app, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, the number of actions performed on our app, the type of actions performed on our app, the locale you are visiting our app from and information about your use of and actions on our app. Such information is “de-identified” and is not linked to any other personal information nor is it used for third-party commercial purposes beyond the services we offer on this site and app and the improvement of current and future products.
Cookies. We use tracking technology known as “cookies” on this site and on the app including application IDs and a user ID to monitor use and traffic routing as well as to customize and improve our products.
Session Cookies. We use “session cookies”, which improve user experience by storing certain information from your current visit on your device, such as log-in information. These enable us to remember your login session so you can move easily within this site or other services.
Location based service. In order to provide the services, Everydae requires access to the location data of your device as determined by your IP address. Such location data is of express business necessity to Everydae and will not display personal location but rather the location of the device on which services were accessed. You can turn your device’s location data on and off at any time through your device settings. Address book and friends. Everydae is the most fun when you’re interacting with your friends! Because of this, we may ask for permission to access your address book. This will give you the ability to add friends that are already on Everydae as well as invite pals in your address book who have not yet joined Everydae. If you’re inviting friends to Everydae keep in mind that you’ll probably be inviting them via text message, so be aware that your carrier may charge you for sending those text messages depending on your phone plan. Also, when inviting friends, please be considerate and don’t spam your entire address book.
2. Use of personal information
We use your personal information to:
- Operate, maintain, and improve our app, products, and services.
- Respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- Send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- Link or combine user information with other personal information.
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- Provide and deliver products and services customers request.
3. Sharing of personal information
We may share personal information:
- With your explicit consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- If there is a corporate transaction that either necessitates disclosure for diligence purposes or upon consummation the transfer or assignment of such data. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- Where such disclosure is legally required, for example in response to court orders or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands.
- To protect the rights and property of Everydae, our agents, customers, and others. This includes enforcing our agreements, policies, and Terms and Conditions.
- In an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- If we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- If we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding situations that involve abuse of the services infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of this site infrastructure or the services generally).
- The information is not private, is aggregated or is otherwise not “Personal Information”, such as your public user profile or the number of users who clicked on a link.
4. Information choices and changes
Our marketing emails and text messages tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails and text messages. Non-marketing emails and text messages include emails and text messages about your accounts and our business dealings with you. Please be aware that your carrier may charge you for receiving these text messages depending on your phone plan.
You can contact us to obtain a copy of the Personal Information held about you by us. This may be subject to a fee not exceeding any prescribed fee permitted by applicable law. You can also ask us to correct and, where relevant, erase that information. Please note that certain Personal Information may need to be retained by Everydae for a period of time following cancellation of your account where this is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or required or authorized by applicable law. As mentioned above, you have a right to change your email preferences at any time.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our app with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our app works for you.
We use industry best practices to keep any information collected and/or transmitted secure. We do not retain any information collected longer than is absolutely necessary for our express business purposes. For more information on the security measures we take to protect your data please contact us at email@example.com.
6. Children’s Privacy
No one under 13 is allowed to create an account or use the services offered on or through this site. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent and the services offered are not intended for use by children without parental consent. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us below.
You can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or want to submit feedback about our services. We always love to hear from our users.